Before I get started, I pray that I am like a sparrows mouth in the morning, I am feeding for Your Holy Word God. I am up, mouth wide open, and ready to learn.
You guys just can’t get rid of me, I’m driven, inspired, and fulfilling my Gods desire for my life. God called me to write, speak, and do whatever I can do to bring others to His kingdom, so that’s exactly what I’m going to do! So with that being said, I praise Him for allowing me to live another day, I thank Him for blessing me with eyes to see, ears to hear, fingers to touch, tongue to taste, and a nose to smell. I thank Him for allowing me to walk, talk, and live a normal life. I thank Him for letting me hear His wonderful thoughts and simply transcribe them to you guys.
I get tired of seeing how children today want to be like this guy or this guy or this woman or this superhero. We need to be teaching children that God is the ONLY ACTUAL SUPERHERO. Are all things Possible through Him? That’s better than any superhero in my mind. Let’s look up to God as a role model, not spiderman. As for my message today,
Today, I would like to talk about whether Jesus is really your first priority or not.
So I woke up this morning and here was my very first thought.
- What time is it? I need to do my morning devotional.
- Tomorrow, I will set my alarm accordingly.
Luckily, today I did wake up in time, because I believe God woke me up at the absolute perfect time to do my devotions, get ready, eat, then go to class, and I thank Him for that. However, tomorrow I need to set my alarm accordingly and be prepared.
As for the actual message, my question to you…Is Jesus your FIRST priority?
- When you wake up do you pray?
- When you eat do you thank Him for the meal?
- Do you feel guilty when you sin?
- Do you strive for improvements everyday?
- How often do you speak to Him?
- Would you walk by His side if he were physically in front of you?
- Or would you be ashamed?
These are simply everyday questions that you should ask yourself when it comes to is God your first priority. He is mine. It may not have been the case in my entire life, but I’m legitimately closer now than I could have ever imagined. Here’s how I woke up in response to some of those questions…
- My first thought as I woke up is thank YOU LORD for waking me up and giving me another opportunity to live for your name!
- My first action was to do this blog and attempt to do my part to spread God’s word. I almost never want to stop writing, because when I write, I can feel God’s presence more so than at any point during my day. I truly believe God simply moves my fingers as I type you this message.
- As soon as I sin, I repent. It’s that simple. I don’t want to leave anything on my legacy when I die. I don’t want God to be disappointed in me not taking advantage of the ability that we have to repent. If the Lord died for us, then we need to use the gift that God has given us and repent for our bad behaviors.
- As for improvements, I believe that my readers can definitely see that I’m striving for improvements everyday. I am writing everyday, a few times a day, I want to have God on my side at all times. It is comforting and comes with a strong calm and peace feeling in my life.
I am so blessed by God’s grace. I hope that you guys can use this as I do everyday. I use these questions and many more to strive for perfection and submit my life as if God were my boss. I strive to be the best I can be, because it’s simply the Christian way, it’s what the Bible teaches in Ephesians 6. It really doesn’t matter your circumstance is either, you can always do more, work harder, try harder, and do more for God. Just remember, God will reward you for Godly work, but remember in order to do things like a Christian, you can’t take glory for your work.
It’s like this…Let’s say you get employee of the month. Yes, you get the award because you’re going above and beyond for God. However, if you go and brag that YOU did everything and that YOU deserve all the credit, then that’s what God wants of His people. God deserves the glory because He provided you with the skills and determination to win the award. So this is another way to see if JESUS really is your first priority. When you begin giving Him all the glory, amazing things will start happening in your life. I thank you all for taking the time to read my walk with Christ. I hope that my walk can impact all of you and do amazing things by God’s grace and mercy.
Lastly, I want to leave you with this verse.
2 Corinthians 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all the filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
I want you to digest this verse and see if you can figure out what it means, how it can impact your life, and how does it relate to Jesus being your first priority? I pray that you all have a wonderful day and check this out later on when you have time! I pray that you all do your devotions and pray with God at every change. I love you all. I can’t wait to see God in Heaven. I am sure you can’t either. God truly is MY hero.