Good evening to all,
Because the Lord was willing, I am back and writing tonights passage. I want to hit on a key thing that I used to really struggle with, something I struggled HORRIBLY with. I am just being honest, I really had issues with this issue.
- Getting prepared to receive God
- Doing God’s will
Sometimes you get lackadaisical, irresponsible, bored, tired, exhausted, out of sync, or whatever the reason may be you just don’t feel the flow of church any longer. There are times where you’re simply not ready for what’s coming. This happened to me on multiple occasions over the past year and believe that it’s time I admit it and show you how I got out of that poor routine.
- Open your heart and prepare what’s coming from God. –This is crucial, you have to be prepared for what God can offer you before He will offer it to you. Simply opening your heart before a sermon can change your life. It’s happening with me right now as we speak.
- Don’t hesitate or doubt God’s presence. –Trust me, if it’s those butterflies hitting you like a ton of bricks, it’s God. God can use you, open up to the Lord. Follow up with prayer. Do the things I’ve posted in previous blogs.
- Be obedient. –God is looking for His children to obey him and do what is asked without being questioned. Many of you may think it’s silly that I write what has transpired and is transpiring in my life, but GOD told me this is what I need to be doing, so I’m doing it. God tested me within a few days because nobody was viewing it, God tested me to see if I would remain obedient. Now that I’m listening to the Lord and what He demands of me, I am seeing the results pay off, people are actually viewing this with regularity. Don’t automatically go and be inspired to go write; however, discuss with the Lord what your talents are. He will put you in the right position. Perhaps you may be a better speaker, leader, follower, or whatever your skill set is. God told me this is what I’m supposed to do, so I obey. It really doesn’t get any simpler than that.
- Practice what you preach.– You have to do the things you do, if you say you’ll do something, then do it. Live out your life like God wants you too, not how you’d like to. If it were up to us, we would do whatever we choose, but in reality God already has our plan padded out for us. Listen to Him, He knows all. Remember this, our vision is narcissistic, corrupt, and wrong. God’s vision is PURE and PERFECT. For God knows where we should be and what we should be doing. So don’t deny Him when He calls you.
- Answer the call. Simply do what He says and don’t question it.
- Make church everyday, not just Sunday.– This is the biggest mistake I believe that is made by Christians. Unless you study the Gospel in depth and daily, you’ll never really grasp the meaning and understanding that God has to offer to society. I have been doing daily devotionals for years, but not to the depth and complexity that I am now. I have learned more in the past 2 weeks than I have in my entire life and that’s not exaggerating. I’m not saying I didn’t know anything about the Bible, but it’s actually me applying the concepts the Bible has to offer and letting them drive the force of my life rather than just reading a book with text in it. It’s so awesome. Please try it. Find your niche.
- Lastly, never stop living for that hunger inside of you.– I am so hungry for the Lord right now and I firmly believe nobody can change that hunger. I want the Lord more than anything this world has to offer. I simply try to glorify Him every chance I get.
There are so many aspect of life that can be improved by simply listening to the Lord. Talk to God about what your niche is and continuously serve the Lord in all the ways you possibly can. These are just suggestions to get you out of your weekly issue. I believe if you follow those steps, it will make all the difference.
As for my scripture, I want to look at Proverbs 18:10 quickly, “The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and it is safe. Read the rest of Proverbs for context, but this is a pretty cool idea. The rest of the chapter talks about basically the wrongs of man, the problems with people, what we do wrong, and lays out a script of verses that explain what is right and wrong basically. Please read it to understand more in-depth, otherwise this will mean nothing to you.
I find something very intense about the verse, it says that the name of the Lord is safe. It’s righteous. The Lord’s name is a strong tower. I want you to remember that verse before you head into the book to read the rest.
The next verse says, “The rich man’s wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit.” –This is what fascinates me about the Bible, how everything was completely relevant back in the day, and it’s still relevant today. How often do you see wealthy people conceited so much in their own wealth that their views and values become tunnel-minded based on their own mindset? It’s almost like they worship their money because they believe that the money excuses them from having to worship a God. Values, morals, ethics are completely irrelevant with these folks because of how their lifestyle is. We need to change that. We need to tell them about Jesus.
Perhaps they may be prospering financially, but nothing is as important as calling to the strong tower as YOURS. It doesn’t matter how rich you are, you can’t live life in Heaven without calling to the righteous Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. If you don’t prosper in your relationship with Christ, then it doesn’t really matter what you do elsewhere.
The next interesting point in the chapter is this, in verse 5 the Bible says, “It is not good to accept the person of the wicked, to overthrow the righteous in judgement”. That’s pretty incredible, you see, instead of accepting the fact that these people have these underlying wealth issues (or ANY issue with Christ), we need to witness to them. God says it’s wrong to accept them because they are wicked, but yet because we don’t accept them doesn’t mean we can’t do more for them. We can present what Jesus has to offer them, just like someone did for us. Again, our ultimate goal is to bring people to Christ and FILL THE HEAVENS UP WITH PEOPLE. There are a lot of “wicked” people out there, but do you do anything about it or do you watch them pass? Do you throw your two cents in or do you just let them go? As Christians, we need to not accept them, but give them our testimony as to what God has done to us to try and convince them that Jesus is the way. Then we can accept them as a Brother or Sister in Christ. Ask yourself this question, if Jesus was put in the same position…what would He do? Would He witness His INCREDIBLY Loving Father, or would he just walk away knowing that the person could die and go to Hell?
This passage of Proverbs was very deep, insightful, and mostly a difficult passage for me to read. I learned so much in just 10-15 sentences. I read 5 or 6 chapters out of Proverbs, but this is what really stood out to me. This is my interpretation of what we need to do as Christians. I will say it once, and a million more times, I am simply transcribing what the Lord tells me into a document so that Him and I can team up and help other people across the world. People are viewing my work like you wouldn’t believe, so people are seeing it. I just pray that it helps someone, if it simply helps one, then it’s ultimately worth it. I pray for you all. I hope you all have an amazing evening and I love you all. Thank your for your interest and consideration. I will be back in the morning. Good night and God bless.